Monday 12 August 2013

I'm back!

Okay, so I think I need to re-introduce myself; I'm Emma and i've dedicated this blog to the study of 'what is style?' I've been away from the 'blog scene' for the past year. When I started this blog It was in aid of supporting my degree studies. I came away from here predominantly because of the pressures of the final year which consequently left me with no spare time whatsoever. 

I concluded with a satisfying view on what style is for my dissertation. It isn't black and white. It isn't like fashion, there are no set rules to follow, instead, I think, it comes down to each individual, it's what works for each person, it's natural and isn't forced. It's a visual expression of our soul - there are argumentatively two parts to our existence: our body and our soul. The latter you can't see directly, but it is expressed in how we present ourselves. 

My dissertation went into much more depth obviously, and whilst I came to an almost complete conclusion/ opinion of what I felt style consisted of, I still feel there is much more out there to analyse and further my knowledge in this subjective field of study. 

I'd like to start by sharing with you aspects of what i've found so far, including dissection of interviews i've conducted; other relevant findings, and also keep you in the loop in further research and discussions.

I'll be back soon with what i've found, in the meantime, take a look at my graduation show 'identity' below: 



Also, take a look at my page: 

https://www.facebook.com/EmmaRhodesFashionDesign

Lots of love,

Miss E xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment